Wildcards in JMX configurations does not work at the end of a domain name
When users use wildcards in their JMX configurations and the wildcards are at the end of, for example, a package name, it will not match.
In this example, a user assume that all MBeans where the domain is starting with "java" will be monitored which is currently not the case.
Currently, a user would have to use the following pattern to achieve a monitoring of, for example, all MBeans in the Java domain: domain=java.*
I tested it again and it looks like that it is working with the wildcards (like: java*). I could not reproduce the problem I had when I tested it the last time.
I am pretty sure this can not be true and that problem lies in the matching of the bean properties and not the domain.